Here we show you some of the rules for starting the complementary food with solids for babies:
– The child should be the one who manage his/her own feeding process and the adult only facilitates it to them.
– The baby must sit without help.
– We have to offer the food to the child without forcing him/her to eat.
– We try to eat together and don’t leaving him/her alone.
– First we offer the breast milk and then the food.
– The adult needs to know the Heimlich maneuver for babies.
– Little by little we offer him/her different foods always watching for possible allergies.
– At first, it is important not to mix solid food with the crushed one.
– It is important no to distract the child during the meals.
For more information we let you some books that it could help you:
Se me hace bola (Julio Basulto)
Mi niño no me come ( Carlos Gonzàlez)
Aprender a comer solo ( Lídia Folgar)
Sin diendtes y a bocados ( Juan Llorca)
Mis recetas adaptades a Baby Led Weaning (Adriana Palazon)